NationStates Jolt Archive

Colonists Arrive at Planet Umoja - Future Home of Pergatorio

31-10-2003, 02:04
Pergatorian colonists recently arrived on the rim planet of Umoja after two years of traveling in space. The planet Umoja is a barren desert world, with temperatures pushing up to 130 Farenheit near the equator in the winter months. At the "polar" caps, temperatures don't exceed 120 and drop below 80 Farenheit. The planet has a circumference of 1,270 kilometers estimated.

Adaptation technologies, hardware, and basic construction materials were loaded onto the carriers hauling roughly five million colonists. The colonists have yet to begin construction on a station upon the surface able to house life and the necessary technologies to steadily process the atmosphere into something more suitable for human survival. First construction will take place near the polar regions, and gradually move towards the equatorial zone.

Back on Earth, inside Pergatorian labs, scientists are busily constructing and designing carriers capable of hauling the Pergatorian masses of nearly 600 million people into the vast nether regions of space towards Umoja. Pergatorio's old earthen area is expected to have 95% of its citizens removed for recolonization. The remaining 5% will serve as a research, military rally point and base, and a trade and civilian outpost permanantly.

Any assistance in the colonization of Umoja by other planets and nations will be extremely helpful. Pergatorio specifically wishes to thank Dontgonearthere and Klonor for their sales of the first ships and making this colonization possible.
31-10-2003, 02:07
How far is this planet from Earth? We will assist you in your colonization efforts, or we could use technology to create a wormhole form Earth to your planet, reducing the time to abou 10 rt. minutes
31-10-2003, 02:09
OOC: Give it about 2 and a half to 3 light years. Not long by your sense, but since we documented the planet when we were still on Earth, it was the best we could do at the time.