NationStates Jolt Archive

UN Intervention

30-05-2005, 01:19
While I understand NationStates' UN is not the same as the real-world UN, I was curious about a particular point: namely, that of UN intervention in sovereign affairs.

To be more specific, in my region of the world two nations have declared war upon each other. This act has already been decried by two other nations - my own, and one other - and I am interested in whether or not I can petition the UN to send a peacekeeping corps to the Non-Elucidian Pacific to ensure war does not break out. If so, what processes are involved?

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this post,

The Grand Duchy of Calpania

PS If I have posted this question in the wrong thread, I apologise in advance - please feel free to direct me to the correct place. Once again, my sincere thanks.
30-05-2005, 01:27
It is illegal for the UN to maintain an army, or any military force for that matter, and that includes peacekeepers. However, you can request the help of individual nations. If you'd post a link to the conflict, I'd be happy to take a look at the situation and see if it merits Nargopian intervention.
30-05-2005, 01:29
You should all be very vary of meddling. Neutrality has served us well throughout our history. You should all try it!
30-05-2005, 01:30
Having just perused the UN rules, I see that now ... thank you for your offer of assistance.
At this stage, it does not appear to be escalating, but I'll offer the link all the same:

I'm assuming that gets you to the right place.


I understand your position, Fass, but I desire peace in my little corner of the world. Bloodshed and suffering are not states to be desired.
30-05-2005, 01:39
Your link is to the NationStates home page. If it's just in your region, then I'll look there.
30-05-2005, 01:43
Ah. Spot the non-computer savvy Duke.

The region is the Non-Elucidian Pacific (it was meant to be a Lovecraft reference, but the founder messed it up).

Any support would be appreciated.
30-05-2005, 09:33
After reviewing the goings-ons, we have concluded that this is a foolish conflict. We are willing to establish a military prescence in order to maintain order. TG us with what you specifically need.
30-05-2005, 11:59
However, if you know of a nation committing genocide, you can report it to the UN Pretenama Panel, who may sanction an intervention.